- Does our sense of ethics come from within — as the voice of conscience — or is it a social convention and contract?
- What might be the impact of our government withdrawing its social welfare reach and making room for individual choices?
- Could private schools funded by scholarships do a better job than the public school system?
- After Newtown, what impeded the American people from uniting around a shared vision of gun violence prevention, which would stand at the intersection of freedom and the sanctity of life, the individual and the public good?
- Do public gestures of empathy matter? Does the sense of cohesion last or is it momentary?