- If Jews are the chosen people, what have we been chosen for? What does choseness demand of us?
- If we alone were chosen to be brought into the covenant with God, what happens to everyone else? What do you know about other faiths’ ideas of “chosenness”?
- A key concept in Judaism is that all of humanity is made in the image of God, b’tzelem Elokim. How do you understand this concept and how does it apply to the notion of “chosenness”? How might your ideas about Jews as a “chosen” people take into account the experience of converts?
- How does the concept of chosenness relate to the tension between particularism and universalism?
- Is a relationship with the Land and State of Israel foundational to being Jewish?