- How do you understand David Ben-Gurion’s original notion of “status quo,” and what is its legacy?
- What is the argument about demographic trends and the future of democracy in Israel? How does a broader discussion of “status quo” impact the future of a Jewish and a democratic state?
- What is the relationship, if any, between Israel’s cultural efflorescence — in food, wine, film, fiction, etc. — and a sense of political stagnation?
- What will Israel look like — culturally, religiously, geopolitically, economically, and otherwise — if the political status quo is sustained for another 10, 20, or 50 years?
- How does change take root in a society that situates itself both as a bulwark of tradition and at the cusp of innovation? What might remain static, and what must change?