- Are some ideals too fundamental to be tarnished? If so, which?
- What about values such as tzedakah, obligations such as observing Shabbat, or beliefs such as a faith in God? Are these considered to be Jewish ideals? Can you compare these beliefs to America’s noble ideals?
- What are the dangers of venerating our political and religious heroes?
- How does American popular culture give life to a cynicism about politics?
- What do we learn from the Arab Spring about the potential for and perils of cultivating democracy in the Middle East?
- Is it possible to hold, simultaneously, an attraction to a system of thinking or beliefs and also a recognition of that system’s limitations?