- How do you understand the concept of covenant in your personal spiritual life? And, what is the content of “covenant” in your self-understanding as a Jew? How has this changed over time?
- Does the concept of covenant have any role to play in a non-theistic Jewish spirituality?
- Have you ever broken a covenant? How was that experience different than breaking a “promise”? How is a covenant different from a contract?
- God makes a covenant with Noah never again to destroy the earth through flooding. How do we understand that covenant today? How does it speak to Jews and to a greater humanity?
- Is the idea of covenant as “kol yisrael arevim zeh ba-zeh” (“All Israel is responsible one for the other”) still viable? Can the idea of covenant, predicated in mutuality and responsibility, survive in an emerging era of individualism and self-interest? Is the concept of covenant still relevant to contemporary Jewish theology? Why/not?