- What role have social movements — Jewish or not — played historically in Jewish collective identity?
- Can Zionism, as a movement, regain a place in raising questions about the meaning of Jewish identity and collectivity at a moment of great political and cultural transformations?
- How have music, photography, film, and other genres of art influenced social transformation?
- Have today’s “change movements” relied on earlier models or has the paradigm for change shifted fundamentally?
- Do movements need to last, or can they make a brief appearance and still have some lasting impact?