- We read the book of Yonah each year during minchah on Yom Kippur. What do we learn anew in that yearly accounting of the story?
- How might we construct a personal practice of gratitude?
How is gratitude connected to the recitation of blessings?
- What do we learn about the complex role of the prophet from reading Yonah?
- The story is mythic in proportion and fabulous in imagination. How do we understand it in terms of rational thought, free will, and the capacity to make choices?
- Is there a cost to withholding forgiveness? And if so, what is it?