- What does “Jewish” look like, and how do our own stereotypes limit our openness to and welcoming of a wider array of Jews?
- How does a post-ethnic America — with an African-American president — influence Jewish identity?
- What should joining the Jewish people require? How does one become Jewish?
- Is accepting post-ethnic Judaism surrendering to assimilation and eventually to the demise of American Judaism?
- What role do ideas such as “peoplehood” or “descent” play in the debates about Jewish identity?
email printemail print